Climate of Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii Average Weather
- Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii is at 21°59'N, 159°20'W, 32 m (104 ft). See map.
- Lihue, Kauai has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate with a pronounced dry season in the high-sun months, no cold season, wet season is in the low-sun months (Köppen-Geiger classification: As).
- The annual average temperature is 24.2 degrees Celsius (75.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4.4 °C (7.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1092.1 mm (43 inches) which is equivalent to 1092.1 Litres/m² (26.79 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2620 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Lihue, Kauai you would come out nearest to the climate station at Tshane, Botswana where you would find a Subtropical desert climate (Subtropical thorn woodland biome).
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Cold Bay, Alaska, Usa - 3703.2 kms (2301.2 miles) N
- Midway Island, Hawaii - 1939.3 kms (1205.1 miles) WNW
- Wake Island, Pi, United States Of America (Pacific Islands) - 3538.6 kms (2198.9 miles) W
- Kwajalein Island, Pi, United States Of America (Pacific Islands) - 3813.1 kms (2369.5 miles) WSW
- Majuro, Marshall Islands - 3547.7 kms (2204.6 miles) WSW
- Napari, Tabuaeran, Kiribati - 2011.9 kms (1250.2 miles) S
- Eureka, California, Usa - 3900.1 kms (2423.6 miles) NE
- Healdsburg, Ca, Usa - 3923.5 kms (2438.1 miles) NE
- Vacaville, Ca, Usa - 3988.8 kms (2478.7 miles) NE
- Berkeley, Ca, Usa - 3976.8 kms (2471.2 miles) NE
- San Francisco, California, Usa - 3932.9 kms (2443.9 miles) NE
- San Luis Obispo Poly, Ca, Usa - 3987 kms (2477.6 miles) ENE
- Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii - 162.6 kms (101.1 miles) ESE
- Kahului, Hi, United States Of America (Pacific Islands) - 325.1 kms (202 miles) ESE
- Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii - 318.7 kms (198 miles) ESE
- Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii, Hawaii - 512.3 kms (318.4 miles) ESE